Sunday, March 14, 2010

Scrappy Pouch

Basically, when I sew I constantly have loose string and scraps dangling from my clothes. I knew there had to be a better way. I came up with something to help.

I found a great tutorial over at Skip to my Lou for a drawstring bag. I modified the pattern to make a Scrappy Pouch. The pouch can easily hang on my machine and the added boning makes it perfect for dropping scraps into.

My modifications:

Measurements 7" x 22"
Added boning in place of the string and stitched it closed on both sides
Added two Velcro close straps



(Before)

(After)





1 comment:

  1. You've been a busy little bee, crafting up a storm over there. I want to make something like that to put my strings in (what a great idea) are you going to make a tutorial? did you follow a tutorial? or did you just come up with it because you can do things like that :)

    ReplyDelete