Sunday, July 25, 2010

Clock Refashion

We had a cool church activity a few weeks ago. Basically what happened is we brought a few decoration or other like items that we didn't want anymore (but they had to be in good condition still) and we swapped them with other items people brought that we we liked.  I got a really cool glass cake stand as well as this white porcelain clock.  At first glance it isn't my style but I liked that it was porcelain and I knew I could come up with something








Lucky for me the clock center part came out really easy. I was able to pop out the clock center.  I then sanded the entire surface a little bit to make it ruff so that the primer would be sure to stick good.  Then I used a spray paint primer on the entire surface.



After that was dry I painted it this cool teal color.  I also spray painted the metal ring black.  I think it turned out cute.

3 comments:

  1. Holy moly! I never would of thought to do that! It looks great! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is TOO cute, love the color! I never would've thought to do that! Now I wish I would've taken the clock. haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shonee you are just awesome. I remember being surprised that you were going to take that clock home--now I get it! That looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete