Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Etching

I tried a new product called, Armour Etch.
I love it.
This was the first time I have etched glass. I was a little unsure if it would work on pyrex but it turned out great.



I first started with some crack' n peel paper that I had on hand. I used my exacto knife to cut out my design



I decided to etched the bottom of a pyrex baking dish


Armour Etch


backside of the crack'n peel paper

Wait 5 minutes and then wash the etching cream off with water, be careful not to touch the cream.


Peel the paper off all done
( I put a piece of red paper behind the dish so that the etched part would stand out more)

2 comments:

  1. I have wanted to do this for a long time!! you should have a little night where we all get to gether and do it! I would LOVE it!!! looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! I would love to do that to my pans!! Where did you get your etching cream? Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete