Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wall Makeover


I like this wall but it has been the same for a few years now and it is feeling a little old fashioned and too dark... it is time for a Wall Makeover. My goal is to add color and make it look more modern.


Wall Makeover Item #1: Cherish Sign

Makeover Solution: Replace the cherish words with a patterned fabric.




( Before the Wall Makeover)






First I found a piece of cardboard using a priority mail box that I had.




I traced the glass from the cherish picture frame onto the cardboard and cut it out.





I then cut out my fabric slightly bigger than the cardboard.




This isn't the best picture of the fabric but it is lime green and dark blue




Using my new modpode bottle I glued down the fabric onto the cardboard.









After laying the fabric down on the cardboard I smoothed it out with my fingers to make sure there weren't any wrinkles. Then I put on more modpodge over the entire surface of the fabric to seal it and give it a nice shine.











Once it is was all dry I cut the extra fabric off of the sides.
To finish it off I replaced it back in the black frame.



I like the new fresh look.
I will post my other Wall Makeover projects once I get them completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment