Sunday, June 20, 2010

Flower Head Band

This is something I have been wanting to make for a while and I finally got around to it.


Items needed:

Fabric that will melt when burned
Head Band
Ribbon or cloth to cover the head band 
Tulle
Candle 
Hot Glue gun
Scissors
Pearl beads or other beads for flower center.






 First cut circles out of the desired fabric in decreasing size.  I chose to use four circles.



(Before the edges are melted)


Melt the edge of all the circles by holding them next to the candle flame.




(After the edges are melted)


 Once all the edges are melted stack them and glue them together.  I also added a little tulle in between a few of the petals


 (After it is all glued together)

Repeat on all of the other flowers.  I glued some pearl beads to the center of two of my flowers.





Once I finished all of the flowers I glued them onto a piece of felt to make 
the flowers easier to glue onto the head band


Now for the headband. 
This headband I got at a local craft store for 39 cents, it is a white plastic.   I would have rather used a metal headband but maybe for the next one.


I decided to use a knit fabric to cover my headband but you could also use 
ribbon, felt or other types of fabric.

I cut a strip of knit about 1 1/4 inch wide.  One reason I like  the knit is because it curls under on its own so it makes it easier to get a good folded edge.








Add a dab of glue and fold over the other side to look like the picture below.


Continue all the way around until the whole head band is covered.



Lastly glue the flowers onto the head band.

Done.






4 comments:

  1. Really cute! thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! Turned out so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute cute. i saw you wearing that last week and forgot to complement you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know i love that headband.

    ReplyDelete